How Video Interviews Generate Sales by
Building Awareness and Solidifying Trust
Inside: "Skype is a technology that allows interviewers to invite guests into a show without all the costs and complexities of in-studio videography."
Photo: Walter Cronkite
Interview Selling Advantages and Tips:
1) Video interviews flip the sales psychology from first person "Me pitching to you " to third person "Host Interviewing Guest "
2) A professionally crafted interview includes Who-What-When-Where-Why - To frame your story and product.
3) Information first - sell later. Deliver content before selling your product. Ask questions that build trust through knowledge sharing. Audiences are not dumb. They will figure out that you offer a product through the exchange.
4) Audiovisual sticks: People remember 80% of a compelling audiovisual story vs. 10% for written information.
5) People bond with faces before products. Build yourself up as the image of your industry and you will bond with a higher percentage of your target market. Sales will follow.
6) Interviews position you as an industry thought leader. You become the expert, the authority.
7) Video builds trust through visual cues. Subconsciously, your audience picks up subtle queues as you speak on camera. They look for eye movement, body language, and this frames their opinion about your morals and standards as a leader in your field. Use this to your advantage by projecting these queues over through interviews.
I found these great tips from Start up Princess about getting yourself Interviewed on TV.
In her article she includes topics like: "Createing a Buzz, Networking to get Found, Know your stuff, Showcase Your Product and Business, Practice the Interview, Make It Known, Being Prepared and Arriving Early" It's a good read.
Free or Pay Interviews?
Obviously free interviews offer a great opportunity for free publicity but this is not always easy to achieve. Many companies elect to pay for interviews instead on business channels between stories, television "infomercials", on cable networks and on-line. These formats can be very costly as they require a video production crew to produce the segments and incur costly airtime advertising costs. This put's Paid advertising out of reach for small and medium sized companies. But what about just using interviews in your own marketing?
Here is one affordable way to get yourself interviewed.
Skype is a technology that allows interviewers to invite guests into a show without all the costs and complexities of in-studio videography. Have a look how this company offers affordable Skype Interviews for small and medium sized businesses. They have a plan for every budget.
Watch This Video:
Watch this video: http://www.netcastevent.com/interviews/skype-introduction-business-interview-shows-promote-your-company-website
kersten Kloss is a Web Strategist located in Calgary Canada.
You can read his blog at: HERE
Or get technical assistance at: http://AskAWebStrategist.com/